I write this post to emphasise upon certain benefits of working on a Sunday. Before I start, let me clarify that I am not a workaholic nor am I single (who has nothing better to do on a Sunday).
From my experience, following are the benefits:
1. In all likelihood, you are alone (or at least lonely) in office - thus your per capita output increases
2. In all likelihood, you have a reason to work on a Sunday like unfinished presentation, important first-thing-in-the-morning Monday meeting preparation, pending e-mails or work...what ever be your reason, Sunday allows you to focus on that issue - since it is less likely to get phone calls, have fires to fight, have anyone distract you
3. You can put on your kind of music, without worrying about what others might say / feel about it...it is your time, the way you want to utilise it - and the best part, you are finishing up work
4. One other benefit is - earn brownie points in your boss' eyes...
5. Last on my list is - get to write posts for your blog while you are still pretending to be working!!!
Anyhow - this is it from me...Ciao!